The ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament is more than just a tennis tournament. It is a full day or night out. There is a lot to experience for every visitor, whether they are young or old, male or female.
The extensive Sports Plaza is full of activities during which all types of tennis can be practiced under expert guidance. For example, you can participate in one of the free classes every half hour. None other than Martin Verkerk will provide daily service classes. In addition to that, Esther Vergeer, former national coach Marc Kalkman and the players of the ABN AMRO World Wheelchair Tennis Tournament will give daily wheelchair classes.
Visitors can have their service measured in the service cage and participate in the KNLTB Talent Challenges* and Trampoline Tennis. How good can you serve after you have first been circling around a can of balls? The Tecnifibre X-one Challenge can be found daily at Sports Plaza. It is also possible to test your tennis knowledge daily at the Petje op, Petje af quiz.
In addition, it is possible to play tennis or take a picture with Bert & Ernie, Love & Ace and our new mascot Ballie.
Matches of the main tournament will be played on Court 1 at the beginning of the week. The top players' training sessions can be watched and from Tuesday to Saturday, Tuesday to Saturday, the 12th ABN AMRO World Wheelchair Tennis Tournament takes place at Sports Plaza.
|Opening hours Sports Plaza|
|Monday to Friday||10:00 am to 7:30 pm|
|Saturday||11:00 am to 7:30 pm|
|Sunday||11:00 am to 4:00 pm|
Entrance is free for all visitors.
* KNTLB Talent Challenges
- Challenge 1: The Frame Focus - How many times can you hold up the ball with the side of your racket?
- Challenge 2: The Upper Bouncer - How many times can you hold up the ball with your strings in 1 minute?
- Challenge 3: The Collector - How many balls can you stack on the racket with one hand within 15 seconds?
- Challenge 4: The Hammer - How often can you bounce the ball in 30 seconds with the side of your racket, in a box on the ground?
- Challenge 5: Wheelchair Frame Focus - How many times can you hold up the ball with the side of your racket while you are in a wheelchair?